As listing agent I get calls from buyers who want to see my listing. They think that is the first step in buying a home. It is not. There are two very important steps that come before going to see you first house.
- The buyer consultation. Everyone is busy these days and I am sure that as a buyer you don’t want to go out and see a ton of houses that don’t fit your criteria. By having a buyer consultation with a real estate agent you get many benefits including:
- Getting to know the agent so you can decide if you are a fit to work together.
- Learning the buying process (it does change from time to time in ways you should know about)
- Most importantly: helping the agent get to know what you are looking for and what is most important to you.
- Getting Pre-approved.
- You don’t want to see the house, fall in love with it and then get your pre-approval. The short delay can cause you to lose the house.
- You want to know how much you can qualify for. If you can’t qualify for as much as you think you can, you will be very disappointed after looking at homes for more than you can buy.
Here is a video outlining the pre-approval process:
Contact me today for a list of my preferred lenders or to schedule a buyer’s consultation.
Call or text me at 732-479-1330